Wondering what’s a good gift for a bus driver? Show your gratitude for the person who safely drives your kids around town with these clever bus driver appreciation gift ideas!
“Sit down and buckle up!”
Can you imagine saying that over and over while maneuvering a 45-foot long vehicle on icy roads in traffic?
Your kid’s bus driver does that every day, all while transporting your precious cargo across town.
So whether it’s on School Bus Driver Appreciation Day, at Christmas, or the end of the year, it’s nice to acknowledge the patient person you count on to get your kiddo home safely.
How do you thank a bus driver?
Finding gifts for teachers is usually easier than gifts for bus drivers because teachers often have class wish lists, you can pool money with other class parents, or make a donation through the school.
Sure, you can give them a bus driver appreciation card and a Starbucks gift card (which would undoubtedly be appreciated).
Or, you can step up your game just a little bit to put a big smile on your driver’s face.
8 Unique Bus Driver Appreciation Gift Ideas
This post contains affiliate links that connect you to relevant products. If you click and make a purchase, I may make a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. For more information, please see my disclosures.
These school bus driver appreciation gifts are inexpensive (all under $25), but super thoughtful!
- A cute personalized ornament is perfect for their Christmas tree, or to hang from their rearview mirror.
- This cheerful yellow stainless steel tumbler comes in different sizes and can be personalized, too!
- I love my PopSocket to keep my phone from slipping out of my hand. Of course, your fabulous bus driver keeps both hands on the wheel at all times, but when they’re off-duty they’ll love this cute PopSocket.
- A handmade coffee cup sleeve in an adorable school bus print is a nice gift on its own, but even better if you include a Starbucks gift card.
- On chilly winter days, a cozy neckwarmer will keep them toasty while driving their route.
- A keychain that doubles as a lip balm holder? I need one of these, too! Be sure to include a yummy-flavored balm in the pouch.
- A lanyard for their ID badge with a breakaway keychain is a cute but practical gift.
- I love the sweet simplicity of this bus driver mug; try pairing it with a pouch of hot chocolate.
Free Printable Thank You Note for Bus Drivers
Print out one of my free bus driver appreciation cards to include along with your gift! When you subscribe, you get access to the card plus my entire library of printable resources.
Free Bus Driver Appreciation Card
Sign up to get this free printable plus access to many others in my resource library!
Thoughtful Gifts for Bus Drivers
We live close enough for my kids to walk to school now, but they loved riding the bus in years’ past and it’s such a milestone to put your kid on the bus for the first time.
The best bus drivers are those that love children and have loads of patience, and have serious driving skills. So when you luck out with an awesome driver, be sure to thank them with a special gift!