Does the chair in your home office look like it belongs to some dude in a corporate cubicle? If so, it’s time to replace it with a feminine desk chair that’s worthy of your #girlboss bum!
Have you ever seen a wheeled, swiveling desk chair in a dining room? No? That’s because you never visited my previous home’s dining room, where my husband’s rolling monstrosity lived. What is it with guys and their chairs? Some men can’t give up their hideous, overstuffed recliners. My husband was a bit too attached to his basic, functional, yet unattractive desk chair.
Yes, it was comfortable. So comfortable that it was the preferred spot for feeding and burping our babies at dinnertime. Babies with reflux issues, who grew up to be children obsessed with eating peanut butter and yogurt in that chair.
You can guess that this chair took a beating. Its mesh-like fabric absorbed every bottle of spilled milk and sticky substance and was impossible to clean. In addition to being ugly, the chair was also gross and certainly not part of the design plan for our craft room/guest room makeover.
Things that inspire you and make you feel good about yourself should fill your creative space, and that includes where you park your rear end while doing all that creative stuff. A feminine desk chair, fit for the #bosslady that you are (or aspire to be), is what you need.
A Feminine Desk Chair for Every Tush
This post contains affiliate links, which connect you to products related to this post. If you click and make a purchase I may make a small commission. Please see my disclosures for details. Thanks for supporting my decorating habits!
The boho guest room/craft room that I designed for the One Room Challenge makeover includes a new chair, and this beauty arrived yesterday!
My new feminine desk chair is comfortable and a lovely shade of very dark teal (it looks more like navy in this photo), and pretty details like tufting and nailhead trim.Make your bum happy with a pretty desk chair that will make you want to sit + and get to work.
How to Choose the Right Desk Chair: 5 Things to Consider
How do you choose the best chair for your bum? Consider these important factors before you buy a new chair:
- Mobility: Wheels and a swiveling seat allow you to easily reach everything in your workspace.
- Seat height: An adjustable seat provides comfort for both the tall and small. A word of warning: Not all adjustable-height chairs are created equal. I’m 5’1″ and my feet do not touch the floor when my new chair is at the lowest setting.
- Back height: Full back? Mid-back? No back at all? Factor in how much time you will spend in the chair, and whether you have any physical issues that require additional support while you sit.
- Arms: Will you be more comfortable if your elbows have a place to rest? If the chair has arms, will it still fit in your space? An armed chair will likely stick out from your desk more than one without arms.
- Fabric: If your fluffy white cat loves to keep you company while you work, skip the dark, velvety fabrics! I chose a dark fabric since we have a black dog and sticky-fingered kids.
Look for Ladylike Details
There’s no excuse for parking your tush in a boring, corporate chair while you rock your creativity (or even just file bills). A feminine desk chair will make you feel good while you work, so look for one with interesting details like:
- Nailhead trim
- Swoop arms
- Bold color
- Interesting pattern
- Gold hardware
Now that you’ve established the criteria for a new, feminine desk chair, let’s go shopping!
Feminine Desk Chairs for Your Home Office or Craft Room
Many of these chairs come in a variety of colors, and some are available in different patterns as well.
Even More Gorgeous Desk Chairs!
Click on an image to go straight to the source!
Feminine and Functional
Needless to say, I banished my husband’s yucky old desk chair and love my new one for its winning combination of feminine lines and a functional frame.
What do you think? Can a pretty chair influence your productivity or am I nutty to think so? Share your thoughts in the comments section below, and be sure to check out the other participants in the One Room Challenge!
Check Out These Other Ideas!
Jen @ Noting Grace says
That chair is gorgeous!! Can’t wait to see it in the room reveal!
Thanks so much! I’m really pleased with it, especially since online purchases can really be hit or miss!