Would your kids rather go to Hogwarts than their Muggle school? If they dream of having their own flying broom, then they’ll love these Harry Potter school supplies, which are also great gift ideas for Harry Potter fans, too!
I’d just stepped out of the shower when there was a knock on the bathroom door. Typically, at this hour of the morning – and without coffee in my system – I’d reply with a gruff “WHAT??”
Instead, I took a deep breath, wrapped myself in a towel, and open the door to find my seven-year-old son with the remote control in his hand.
“Mommy, which button do I press to skip over the previews?”
It’s 7:30 a.m. on a Thursday and we’re about to rush off to work and camp. There are swimsuits to pack, teeth to brush, and sunscreen to apply, but that doesn’t stop my son and his four-year-old little sister from squeezing in a few minutes of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince for the 10th time.
The first Harry Potter story, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, hit bookshelves on month after I graduated from high school. My mom read it then passed it to me, and we both devoured every word. When the movie came out, we stood in theater’s long line proudly wearing our Gryffindor scarves.
Waiting for J.K. Rowling to release the next book was pure torture, but allowed plenty of time to read and absorb the stories. Now, my son doesn’t want to read the books in order (the horror!) and he and his little sister have watched all the movies. But while their Harry Potter experience is quite different from mine, it’s no less magical.
Harry Potter is Uniquely Qualified to Get Kids Excited About School
There’s a lot to love about the Harry Potter stories, but as a mom, I love them differently than I did before kids. For example, I love how school and learning play such pivotal roles for the characters, and I think it sets a good example for my own kids.
- Harry, Ron, and Hermione are all excited to go back to school, and back-to-school shopping in Diagon Alley is a family affair and treated like the exciting event that it is.
- The train to Hogwarts is so much cooler than a school bus! Who wouldn’t want to chow down on chocolate frogs and Bertie Bott’s Everyflavor Beans while chugging along through the English countryside?
- Hogwarts professors are firm but fair and (most) care deeply about the welfare of their students.
- Books play an important role in their adventures, thanks to Hermione who’s an amazing example of a strong, brave, intelligent girl
I don’t mind that my kids are huge Harry Potter fans and spent hours this summer watching (and re-watching) the movies. I hope they’ll be just as excited to get back to school and have their own adventures as Harry, Ron, and Hermione are each year! So with that in mind, I’m happy to set them up with a few Harry Potter school supplies to make learning more fun.Accio, wallet! These Harry Potter school supplies make wizards & witches excited for school.Click To Tweet
10 Harry Potter School Supplies & Gift Ideas Your Kids Will Love
This post contains affiliate links that connect you to products featured in this post. If you click and make a purchase, I may make a small commission at no cost to you. Please see my disclosures for more information.
Whether you’re raising little witches and wizards, or secretly wish you could take the Hogwarts Express to school instead of your minivan, then these Harry Potter school supplies are for you! They make excellent gifts, too. Product links are under the graphic in the “Click to Shop” section.
Click and Shop
To shop for each item, just click on an image below. Click the “>” to scroll right and see all of the products.
Now it’s time to grab your wallet and get shopping! As for me, I’m off to watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Again.
Check out these other ideas!
- 10 Handmade School Supplies That Kids & Parents Will Love
- 3 Simple Tricks Stop Paper Clutter and Curb the Chaos
- 5 Easy Harry Potter Party Favors Your Kids Will Love
- How to Create a Simple Command Center That Will Save Your Sanity
- Make a Back to School Photo Prop (Plus Free Printable)
Pin It for Later