Make Turkey Day more fun with super cute Thanksgiving kids table decorations you can buy or make yourself. Plus, get a free printable Thanksgiving banner!
As the oldest of my cousins (by almost six years), on holidays I was torn between hanging out with the “little kids” and pretending to be an adult at the grown-ups’ table.
I hated squeezing together at a tiny card table and didn’t have much in common with my much younger cousins, but couldn’t bear listening to my relatives talk politics and reminisce about stuff that happened back in the day.
Luckily for my kids, their cousins are closer in age, and when we spend holidays with them I like to make the kids’ table fun so they’ll want to spend time there.
Well, at least enough time to shove cornbread in their mouths before demanding pie.
It’s easy to make Turkey Day more memorable for your munchkins with some inexpensive Thanksgiving kids’ table decorations you can buy online, or a few simple DIY projects kids can help make.
7 Cute Thanksgiving Kids Table Decorations to Buy on Etsy
This post contains affiliate products that connect you to products relevant to this post. If you click and make a purchase, I may make a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. For more information, please see my disclosures.
Even if you’re too busy meal planning and grocery shopping to make decorations for the kids’ table, you can make it a fun place to eat with Thanksgiving decorations you can buy from Etsy.
1. Activity Tablecloth: Made of paper, you won’t have to worry about this tablecloth getting wrecked! Kids will have a ball coloring on it and doing the activities
2. Personalized Plate: This adorable plate comes in different colors and designs.
3. Fabric Stuffed Pumpkins: Put one (or pile a few) on the table as a centerpiece, then gift them to the kids later.
4. Personalized Placemat: Just wipe it clean and save it for next year!
5. Cute plastic cups: With fun Thanksgiving phrases, these plastic cups are a great non-breakable choice for little hands.
6. Paper napkins: The kids’ table will definitely rock with these napkins and other fun decorations.
6 Easy Thanksgiving Kids Table Decorations You Can DIY
If you have time, these DIY Thanksgiving kids table decorations are too cute and easy to make! You can even enlist the kids to help.
1. Printable Thanksgiving Banner – This “Thankful” banner is the latest in my collection of free printables available to No Pressure Life email subscribers. Just print and cut out the shapes, punch holes at the top, and string them together with ribbon or twine.
2. Mini Pumpkin Turkeys: Keep the little pumpkin gourds from Halloween for the kids to make an easy Thanksgiving craft that turns into a sweet centerpiece or placecard holder.
3. Turkey Crayon Cups: Kids will stay busy while waiting for dinner with a cup filled with crayons! It doesn’t get any easier than this turkey cup craft.
4. Thankful Tree Centerpiece: The tutorial for this thankful tree includes printable leaves for kids to write down what they’re glad to have.
5. DIY Thanksgiving Napkin Ring Placecards: This is a fun project for older children to make to decorate the Thanksgiving kids table.
6. Printable Thanksgiving Placemats: Combined with the turkey crayon cups shown above, these coloring placemats are a great Thanksgiving activity for the kids’ table. Plus, they double as decor!
7. Faux Succulent Pumpkin Centerpiece: The faux succulent pumpkin planter I made for Halloween makes a cute centerpiece for the Thanksgiving kids’ table. There’s no water to worry about spilling, and kids will get a kick out of the spiky plastic plants.
Fun Ideas to Decorate the Kids Table at Thanksgiving
With these cute and creative ideas for the Thanksgiving kids’ table, the munchkins will stick together and leave the turkey talk to the grown-ups!
I'd love to hear from you! Please keep comments respectful.