If you’re wondering what to bring to the beach, then this free printable beach packing list has all the essentials for a stress-free family day trip!
Ah, the sounds of a sunny day trip to the beach with the family…
Crashing waves. Seagulls squawking overhead. Flip-flops swishing through the sand.
My husband cursing up a storm while assembling the beach tent.
The kids screaming when they realize we spent an hour and a half in traffic and walked 100 yards through the dunes only to realize the sand toys are still in the garage.
Remember the days when you popped a cute beach towel in a small tote with your waterproof mascara and a trashy novel?
Yeah, those days are gone.
Going to the beach with young kids is an event that requires a truckload of supplies to keep everyone happy and sunburn-free. And after many sticky and sandy meltdowns, I finally figured out the must-have beach essentials to reduce stress and (virtually) guarantee fun in the sun.Never forget what to bring to the beach with this free printable packing list and helpful organization tips!Click To Tweet
What to Bring to the Beach for a Day of Family Fun
This post contains affiliate links that connect you to products related to this post. If you click and make a purchase, I may make a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. For more information, please see my disclosures.
A successful beach trip begins at home in the garage and coat closet, long before you slather sunscreen on your wiggly children. Here’s how I’ve organized both the fun things to take to the beach as well as the essentials:
- A big canvas tote bag lives in our coat closet year-round. I’ve had this bag since my wedding shower 10+ years ago, and it’s still in perfect shape.
- Inside the tote is a clear plastic toiletry bag with small beach essentials (all of which are included in the printable beach packing list at the end of this post).
- I also keep a pretty wet-dry bag in the tote.
- A waterproof, sand-proof blanket with weighted corners sits in the bottom of the tote.
- Sunscreen, bug spray, and sunglasses are on the closet door in a clear pocket shoe organizer, making them easy to grab when heading out the door.
- Boogie boards, water guns, and life jackets are in a big plastic bin in the garage.
- Sand toys are hanging in a mesh laundry bag on a pegboard in the garage.
Packing the car early in the morning is a lot easier when you know what to bring to the beach and where everything is! Since I set up these easy systems two years ago, our beach trips start off much more smoothly.
What to Pack in a Beach Bag
But despite my best organizing efforts, I inevitably forget something. That’s why I made this PDF printable beach packing list to help busy moms like you and me remember all the essential stuff.
When you subscribe below, you’ll receive my regular newsletter filled with practical home ideas for busy moms, and exclusive access to my full resource library filled with printables! The library includes this full-size 8.5×11″ beach bag packing checklist pre-populated with pretty much everything you need.
And if you need more space, just write on the back!
Free Printable Beach Packing List
Simply fill out this form to access the free resource library and download the printable beach packing list.
Less Stress, More Fun in the Sun
You probably won’t get to read your trashy novel and meltdowns over Cheeto-eating seagulls are gonna happen no matter what. But, at least now that you know what to bring to the beach thanks to the printable beach packing list. Hopefully, it will save you some stress and help you enjoy a fun outing with your family!