If your child’s brick collection continues to grow and you’re ready for LEGO display shelves, I’ve rounded up a great selection of attractive bookcases and wall shelves that are perfect for completed sets and minifigures!
Two of my most popular posts are about a super-simple way to organize LEGOs and ideas for how to display LEGO sets. I see this post as a follow-up to those articles, once you’re ready to buy shelves to display LEGO sets.
My son’s been a LEGO lover since his first set of Duplo bricks when he was two years old.
After seven years of receiving LEGO sets for birthdays and Christmas, and buying them with his own money, there are some days when I think we could open up our very own LEGO store.
Not all kids want to put their LEGO creations on display, never to be played with again. Younger kiddos, especially, enjoy both the building process as well as playing with their LEGO sets.
So, you need to keep your child’s playstyle in mind before settling on a method for getting the bricks off the floor.
What to Consider Before Buying Shelves for a LEGO Collection
Unless you’re repurposing shelves you already have at home, it’s important to think about what your needs are before investing money and time in a new bookcase or wall shelf to display LEGO creations.
How old is your LEGO builder?
If you’re purchasing shelves for a young child to display their hard work, then you need sturdy shelves that can securely attach to a wall.
Are you dealing with a hobbyist or a kid who may outgrow their brick-building days?
If it’s the latter, then buy a shelf that works for displaying their LEGO collection now, but can be used for books, trophies, or other treasures once they move on to a new interest.
A true LEGO master will benefit from an enclosed display case to keep little hands from wrecking their hard work.
Does your child like to play with their finished sets?
If so, a shelf or bookcase they can reach and safely access will be your best bet.
How much room do you have?
Measure your wall to ensure you buy shelves that fit, and if you don’t have the floor space for a bookcase or free-standing cabinet, consider wall shelves instead.
7 Stylish Bookcases and Cabinets to Display LEGO Sets and Minifigures
This post contains affiliate links that connect you to relevant products. If you click and make a purchase, I may make a small commission at absolutely no cost to you. For more information, please see my disclosures.
If you have space for a freestanding bookcase or display case in your playroom or kid’s room, then you’re sure to find one that will meet your needs in this list of stylish choices!
- I love this modern cubby bookshelf! The solid back keeps LEGO pieces from falling behind the shelf, the sleek metal legs give it a polished look, and it’s available in three different wood tones. I’m seriously considering this for our playroom.
- This traditional cube organizer is a popular and inexpensive choice and we have two in our home. Since it’s so cheap (around $60), you can glue LEGO baseplates to the top and shelves to create little scenes for LEGO sets.
- A corner acrylic shelf is super modern and takes up very little visual space.
- This is the traditional bookcase that we bought for our son’s room to display his LEGO creations. I wish we’d bought two because his collection’s grown a lot since we purchase it. However, it’s a great solution because it will grow with him as his tastes change over time.
- Why not add a pop of color to your playroom with a red cabinet with sliding glass doors? Baskets of LEGO bricks can hide on the bottom shelf.
- For the serious LEGO builder, a glass cabinet is an obvious choice.
- This fun cubby organizer comes in many different colors to compliment your child’s bedroom.
8 Attractive Wall Shelves for LEGO Sets & Minifigures
Sometimes, you just don’t have space for a bookcase. In that case, wall shelves or floating shelves for LEGOs and minifigures will be your best solution. This roundup includes both floating shelves for all those little characters, and deeper shelves to fit small LEGO sets.
- This cool acrylic floating shelf can be installed vertically or horizontally depending on your wall space. The clear construction means the focus is on the LEGOs, not the shelf.
- Is your wall begging for something unique? This asymmetrical wall shelf is great for displaying smaller sets.
- A wall-mounted display case holds loads of minifigures and is a smart option for serious collectors.
- If your kids want to show off their minifigure collection and play with the characters, then this handmade wall shelf is a great choice. The minifigures attach to the shelf on little LEGO bricks.
- Floating picture ledges are great for showing off minifigures and small collections. These colorful picture ledges are sold individually so you can create a rainbow effect or choose a single color to accent your room.
- These rustic wall shelves are 12″ deep so they’ll hold larger LEGO sets.
- A cute handmade wall shelf that looks like a minifigure is an adorable addition to a playroom or kid’s room.
- This handmade LEGO wall shelf is covered with a baseplate so creations will sit securely.
LEGO Display Shelves for Any Room
Whether you have young children at the beginning of their LEGO brick-building careers, or serious minifigure collectors, there’s a stylish way to display their favorite pieces. Just keep in mind their needs and abilities and your room’s style and dimensions.
Great suggestions. Thanks. Take a look at Blocksgenius.com. They have great products to enhance Lego displays. I bought some light kits and they are really great.