This simple and modern Valentine’s Day wreath is an easy craft project you can make with an embroidery hoop. Learn how to make it, and add some Valentine’s Day cheer to your door. Please note: this post contains affiliate links. See my disclosures for additional information.
On Inauguration Day, I used some vacation time and stayed home from work. Not because I wanted to watch the inauguration, but because I needed a mental break after a particularly taxing week.
Although I didn’t want to watch the inauguration, I felt compelled to, simply to witness history.
The trouble is, every time I see the president on TV, I want to throw something at my TV, and a broken TV would tick off everyone else in my family.
I made this Valentine’s Day wreath to save my TV from injury while watching the inauguration. As it turns out, wrapping yarn around an embroidery hoop is a very therapeutic exercise and kept my hands busy.
So, grab your craft supplies and prepare to catch up on “The Bachelor,” stay busy while on the phone with your overly chatty mother-in-law, or keep yourself distracted during the evening news.
Let’s make a wreath!
Valentine’s Day Wreath Supplies
- Embroidery hoop
- Felt hearts in various sizes. I found mine in the Dollar Spot at Target. You can always cut your own from felt squares if you can’t find pre-cut hearts.
- Hot glue gun
First, tie the end of the yarn around the embroidery hoop’s metal closure, then wrap, wrap, wrap that yard all the way around the hoop. Secure the yarn to the hoop with a small knot.
Next, arrange the felt hearts in a way that pleases you and stick them together with the hot glue gun before attaching each heart arrangement to the wreath with a dab of glue.
Lastly, use a little bit of ribbon to hang the wreath. Now you have a cute, simple Valentine’s Day wreath that you can use for years to come.
Thankfully, making this Valentine’s Day wreath saved my TV from harm, and now my door is decorated with a little love.
I’d love to see how you decorate for Valentine’s Day! If you’re a blogger, feel free to share a link to your Valentine’s Day decor in the comments section.
Check out these other ideas!
- 5 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards for Kids + Non-Candy Treat Ideas
- How to Make 3 Easy Valentine's Day Mantel Decorations in 30 Minutes
- How to Make a St. Patrick's Day Wreath in 30 Minutes
- How to Make a Succulent Wreath in Just 5 Minutes
- How to Transform Broken Crayons Into Perfect Party Favors
- Teacher Valentine's Day Card - Free Printable